About the program
The PHN Immunisation Support Program is a service funded by the Commonwealth Government that focusses on building a community of practice by:
- creating an environment that facilitates collaboration and networking
- providing a hub for accessing resources and expertise
- enabling the sharing of skills and knowledge between experienced and less experienced staff.
The specific program elements identified by the user community are:
- Provision of an online platform that provides access for PHNs across Australia to high quality resources, education, news and updates, network directories, and that enables PHNs to connect and share ideas.
- Development of resources and education where significant gaps are identified.
- Facilitation of networking opportunities, such as teleconferences and face-to-face events.
- Central coordination of all program activities.
The program will evolve and adapt over time to meet the diverse needs of the community of users. We welcome feedback and input from the community on how to improve aspects of the site or the program more broadly. Please submit a message through the contact form.
Who is the program for?
Staff working at PHNs, state and territory health departments, public health units and other key stakeholders are encouraged to register for access to this online community, which allows them to share information and resources with their colleagues across Australia, and hear about relevant news and upcoming events.
Who manages the program?
NPS MedicineWise and the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS) are partners leading the development and implementation of this program.
- Bronwyn Walker, External Relations and Partnerships Manager, NPS MedicineWise
- Lauren Dalton, Immunisation Liaison Officer, NCIRS
- Cheryl Jones, Immunisation Education Officer, NCIRS